Residence permit as a parent of a Panamanian child

Foreigners who have one or more Panamanian children with a minimum of five (5) years of age, because there is a need to preserve family unity and guarantee the rights of minors.

This permit will be provisional for two years and must be renewed in order to apply for permanent residency and E card.

You must come to the Republic of Panama at least three times:

  1. The first visit, 10 working days or the equivalent of two weeks. At this visit we register your passport and open your personal bank account. We will then proceed to submit the application, take your passport photo and obtain your multiple entry/exit permit (if you plan to travel out of the country while the application is being approved).
  2. Second visit, Notification of Approved Residence Permit and taking of photograph of provisional resident’s migratory card.

We can modify the times of your process if necessary.

This permit is valid for two (2) years, upon expiration of the term, you must renew the permit to apply for your Permanent Residency and cedula E.

  1. Power of Attorney and Application
  2. Power of Attorney is Indispensable.
  3. Three (3) photographs.
  4. Copy of the passport (notarized or authenticated).
  5. Certificate of Criminal Record (if of legal age).
  6. Health Certificate.
  7. Certified Check for B/.250.00 in favor of the National Treasury.
  8. Certified Check for B/.800.00 in favor of the National Immigration Service.
  9. Personal Background Affidavit Form.
  10. Notarized affidavit from the father or mother of the minor (stating that the applicant has fulfilled his or her duties as a good parent).
  11. Birth certificate of the children, issued by the Civil Registry.
  12. Notarized Letter of Responsibility of the resident or national.
  13. Proof of address (utility bill, lease, or other proof of address).
  14. The Multiple Return Visa is optional only if you are going to travel within the next six (6) months, equivalent to the duration of your processing card. This is a stamp that is stamped in your passport once you have your 6 month provisional card while the process is reviewed by immigration. After the photograph of the carnet the passport must go to Immigration for 72 hours for the stamping. If you travel with your 6 month provisional passport card and you do not have this stamp in your passport you may incur a fine of USD 2,000.00 when you re-enter the country.

Do you need immigration advice? We will be happy to answer your questions and offer you efficient solutions.

Request Advice