Permanent residence permit as a pensioner or retiree (ppt-jp)

Foreigners who receive retirement or pension from a foreign government, international organization or private company, who enter the national territory to settle in it and have sufficient economic means to cover all their living expenses and those of their dependents in the country. The monthly income or pension may not be less than one thousand balboas (B/.1,000.00) and must be granted for life.

Process Times

You must come to the Republic of Panama at least three times:
  • The first visit, 10 working days or the equivalent of two weeks. At this visit we register your passport and open your personal bank account. We will then proceed to submit the application, take your passport photo and obtain your multiple entry/exit permit (if you plan to travel outside the country while the application is being approved).

  • Second visit, Notification of Approved Residence Permit and taking of permanent resident card photograph.

  • Third visit, Photograph of your E. card.

We can modify the times of your process if necessary.

Do you need immigration advice? We will be happy to answer your questions and offer you efficient solutions.